Welcome to another edition of my Frugal Feats for the week.If you are interested in reading about other folk's frugal accomplishments pop in over at The Prudent Homemaker. She has a great group of followers that have many frugal tips and advice.
1) Air dried all but one load of laundry.
2) Redeemed swagbucks for two five dollar gift cards. These will be saved to buy Christmas gifts this year.
3) Read a couple library books.
4) Stayed home one day to conserve gas.
5) Found a few good deals at the grocery store; Milk $1.77 a gallon, butter $1.67 a pound, and stocked up on more pork-n-beans for .33 a can.
6) Went to the Farmer's Market for the first time this season. I did not find anything meeting my price point as of yet, but my grandson sure had fun. I figure it was frugal fun.
7) Bought my grandson a little board book about trucks at the thrift store. He loves it. Carries it around saying Truck! Truck!
8) Made some fire starters for those summer night bonfires.
Now for the bad news, my frugal fails this week.
1) Rented a movie from redbox and did not watch it.
2) Bought food away from home THREE times this week.
I will definitely do better next week.
How did you save money this week?